Saturday, July 24, 2010

7/16-17...In Search of Gringo Andres, Balsa, and Beaches.
















Its beer and empanada o´clock on the bus, so....










1. Pit stop in Guayaquil for lunch...yes, i caved and had crab ceviche...and a stroll on the new malecon and some wandering. Guayaquil has some serious money getting pumped into its economy these days, from what I can tell.










2. Seeing the banana trees tied together holding each other up reminded me of Zack. You are the string to my banana tree, and I love and miss you.










3. I need to find out the name for the bell shaped flowers on the coast. They are beautiful. Generally, I need to devise a plan to see what flora and fauna I can import from Ecuador without legal consequence. If there is a delay in my arrival on 7/31, now you will know why...the call to have tomate de arbol in the states was too strong....lol.










4. From Guayaquil we headed south to Playas, a beach frequented by Guayaquilenos on vacation. It was Friday, but it was a ghost town in Playas. Literally, I think I saw dust balls blow across the street. The mission to find Gringo Andres was successful, though the aquisition of a well priced and made balsa board for our travel companion, not so much. Nevertheless, seeing 5 teenagers ride 1 Huffy bike, a cat dining on the 8lb rat it carried in its mouth, a spinach/mushroom/corn/cheese empanada and some road dog wine proved to be all the energy needed to sustain the next leg of the trip....










...Bus number 5 and Salinas, next stop...

No comments:

Post a Comment